While our travel plans may be on hold, we’ll keep doing what we do best — fulfilling your wanderlust by bringing the world to you. For 21 days, we’ll be exploring a new destination through immersive POV videos, online discussions with our travel community, and other surprises along the way. More details here.
Often portrayed negatively by the media for the wrong reasons, India is an underrated country with some of the warmest people in the world. Every state functions by its own rules, which is what makes this culturally rich and colourful country so interesting and unique.
India – 360 Virtual Tour
Country Code: +91
Time Zone: GMT +5.5 hours (2.5 hours behind Singapore)
Peak Travel Period: Dec – Mar
Four Seasons: No
Currency: Indian rupee, INR (₹)
Tap water: Unsafe to drink (buy bottled or filtered water)
AC Socket Type: Types C, D, & M – 230V 50Hz
Depending on where you are, Hindi or Tamil may be more frequently used. Generally anywhere outside Tamil Nadu would speak some form of Hindi.
Hindi / Tamil
- Hello/Greetings – नमस्ते (namaste) / வணக்கம் (vaṇakkam)
- Thank you – धन्यवाद (dhanyavaad) / நன்றி (nandri)
- Please – कृप्या (kripya) / தயவு செய்து (thayavu seithu)
- Do you speak english – क्या आप अंग्रेज़ी बोलते हैं (kya aap angrezee bolate hain)
- Bye – नमस्ते (namaste) / வருகிறேன் (varukiren)
Hindi / Tamil
- Yes – हाँ (haan) / ஆம் (am)
- No – ना (naa) / இல்லை (Illai)
- Expensive – महंगा (mahanga) / விலையுயர்ந்த (vilaiyuyarnta)
- Water – पानी (paanee) / நீர் (nir)