Tucked in a cosy little corner away from the rest of the world on the map, Australia is where you go to get inspired time and again. From natural wonders not found elsewhere in the world to the hippest cafes in town, Australia has something for everyone.
Country Code: +61
Time Zone: There are 5 time zones in Australia.
- Sydney – GMT +10 hours, GMT +11 hours (Daylight Saving)
- Gold Coast – GMT +10 hours
- Adelaide – GMT +9.5 hours, GMT +10.5 hours (Daylight Saving)
- Perth – GMT +8 hours
- Darwin – GMT +9.5 hours
Peak Travel Period: Dec – Feb
Four Seasons: Yes
Currency: Australian Dollar, AUD (A$)
- [Victoria]: Myki
- [Perth]: SmartRider
- [Brisbane, Canberra, & South East Queensland]: Go Card
- [Adelaide]: Metrocard
- [Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter, Newcastle, Illawarra, Wollongong and Southern Highlands]: Opal
- [Tasmania]: Greencard
Tap water: Safe to drink in cities and big towns
AC Socket Type: Type I – 230V 50Hz
Yes Australians speak English even though you don’t understand them sometimes. Here are some Aussie slangs to help you blend in! There’s a lot more where this came from.
- Greetings – Ga Day
- Thanks – Cheers
- Well done – Good onya
- I don’t agree – Pig’s arse!
- Afternoon – Arvo
- Cup of tea – Cuppa
- McDonald’s – Macca’s
- Petrol/Service Station – Servo
- Flip Flops – Thongs
- Burger King – Hungry Jacks