While our travel plans may be on hold, we’ll keep doing what we do best — fulfilling your wanderlust by bringing the world to you. For 21 days, we’ll be exploring a new destination through immersive POV videos, online discussions with our travel community, and other surprises along the way. More details here.
An ever-popular destination no matter the season, the Land of the Rising Sun is nothing short of good food, amazing cleanliness, and a myriad of distinctive sub-cultures. A multi-faceted country once you start exploring deeper, there’s always something new to discover in Japan, where traditional and modern elements combine to form something special.
JAPAN – 360 Virtual Tour
For Mobile users, watch on YouTube for the full experience!
Summit of Mt Fuji
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Country Code: +81
Time Zone: GMT +9 hours (1 hour ahead of Singapore)
Peak Travel Period: April to May, August
Four Seasons: Yes
Currency: Japanese Yen, JPY (¥)
Transport Card: Suica, Pasmo, Icoca
Tap water: Safe to drink
AC Socket Type: Types A & B – 100V 50/60Hz
- Greetings (morning) – おはようございま Ohayo gozaimasu
- Greetings (afternoon) – こんにちは Konnichiwa
- Greetings (evening) – こんばんは Konbanwa
- Thank you – ありがとうございます Arigato gozaimasu
- Excuse me – すみません Sumimasen
- Sorry – ごめなさい Gomenasai
- Delicious – おいしい Oishi
- Cheers – かんぱい Kanpai
- To show appreciation before eating – いただきますItadakimasu
- Thank you for the delicious meal – 御馳走様 でした Gochisou sama deshita