While our travel plans may be on hold, we’ll keep doing what we do best — fulfilling your wanderlust by bringing the world to you. For 21 days, we’ll be exploring a new destination through immersive POV videos, online discussions with our travel community, and other surprises along the way. More details here.
The epitome of hot and spicy with some of the world’s friendliest people, the Land of Smiles makes any trip around Southeast Asia memorable. Sweat it out over a bowl of tom yum goong, island hop in clear waters, and shuffle through their countless night markets.
Thailand – 360 Virtual Tour
Country Code: +66
Time Zone: GMT +7 hours (1 hour behind Singapore)
Peak Travel Period: Nov – Mar
Four Seasons: No
Currency: Thai Baht, THB (฿)
Transport Card: BTS sky smartpass & subway contactless smartcard [Bangkok]
Tap water: Not safe to drink. Buy bottled water
AC Socket Type: Types A, B, C, F & O – 220V 50Hz
Before we go into the actual vocabulary, do take note of some linguistics features of the Thai language. If you are a male, you have to say ครับ (khrap) at the end. If you are female, say ค่ะ (kha).
- How are you? (greeting) – สบายดีไหม (sa baai dee mai)
- Response to “How are you?” – สบายดี (sa baai dee – khrap/kha)
- Hello and Goodbye – สวัสดี (sa wat dee – khrap/kha)
- Thank you – ขอบคุณ (kop kun – khrap/kha)
- I don’t understand – ไม่เข้าใจ (mai khao jai)
- Do you speak english? – พูดอังกฤษได้ไหม (pôot ang-grìt dâai măi)
- Delicious – Aroy