While our travel plans may be on hold, we’ll keep doing what we do best — fulfilling your wanderlust by bringing the world to you. For 21 days, we’ll be exploring a new destination through immersive POV videos, online discussions with our travel community, and other surprises along the way. More details here.
Thanks to Tomb Raider movie which put Cambodia on the map, this developing Southeast Asian country now relies heavily on the tourism industry for her revenue. While Angkor Wat is on every bucket list, there are plenty of other hidden gems all over the country.
Cambodia – 360 Virtual Tour
For mobile users, watch on YouTube for the full experience!
Country Code: +855
Time Zone: GMT +7 hours (1 hour behind Singapore)
Peak Travel Period: Dec – Mar
Four Seasons: No
Currency: Cambodia Riel (KHR)
Tap water: Unsafe. Drink filtered or bottled water
AC Socket Type: Types A, C & G – 230V 50Hz
The language spoken in Cambodia is Khmer, and do note that there is a difference to saying “Yes” depending on your gender.
- Yes – បាទ (baht) for males, ចា (ja) for females
- No – អត់ទេ/ទេ (otday)
- Hello/Greetings – ជំរាបសួរ (chom rab suor) / សួស្ (su saw day)
- Thank you – ឣរគុណ (’au kun)
- Sorry / Excuse Me – សុំទោស (som tou)
- Do you speak English? – អ្នកចេះភាសាអង់គ្លេសទេ? (anak cheh pheasa ’angoklesa te)
- How much is this? – នេះថ្លៃប៉ុន្មាន? (neh thley bomean)
- Goodbye – លាសិនហើយ (lea sen haeuy)