Click here for the latest announcements.
Click here for the latest announcements.
The Travel Intern Programme: Application Open (Feb – Jul 2019)
TL;DR: If you love to travel and have a zest for creating inspiring content that helps people travel better, smarter and braver we’re looking for you!
Travel better, smarter, braver.
The most epic 6-month internship
Everyone dreams of travelling for free. But what if you can get paid doing what you love? — Learn the tricks of the trade, collect experiences most can only dream of, while adding relevant marketing skills to your resume!
For those who love to travel and create inspiring content, this is probably the best job in the world.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s what the last interns had to say:
“This internship is going to be a lot tougher than it looks on social media, but trust that it’ll be an unparalleled learning experience whether you’re a writer, videographer or marketer. Everyone embodies a learning spirit here and every day, I’m learning something new from my peers to be a better writer, traveller and person.” — Travis, TTI Writer & Host
“Stepping foot in places I’ve never been, experiencing exciting things I’ve never imagined, and gaining life lessons that sitting in a regular office would never have allowed me to — to me, this is the best deal in life I’ve signed myself up for thus far, and will definitely be what defines me forever.” — Edelyn, TTI Community Manager
“Dancing in the rain in Phuket, catching sunsets in Santorini, chugging 1L beers in Berlin and waking up above a sea of clouds in Khao Kho. These are some of my fond memories from my past few trips with TTI. You get to travel for work and have a blast while you’re at it. What are you waiting for?“ — Michael, TTI Videographer
“During this 6-month internship, I’ve done a lot more amazing activities than I have the rest of my life so far.. All the while with supportive and wack-ass fun colleagues and bosses. One thing I took away was that “you miss 100% of chances you don’t take”. So what are you waiting for?“ — Michelle, TTI Writer
6 NEW Travel Interns Wanted
Every year, we run two intakes of The Travel Intern Program — bringing on a team of content creators who are hungry to see the world while working on their craft.
Since 2016, we’ve covered gone on 72 trips across 43 countries and now, we’re looking to fill our 7th intake.
Are you ready for a 6-month adventure with us?
For 2019’s intake, we’re looking for up to SIX multi-talented interns to join our team of travellers, creators and marketers (all-in-one)! If you think you fit the bill, sign-up below!
PS: This internship isn’t just for undergrads! We’re looking to bring on board full-timers after the internship 🙂
WHAT TO EXPECT
– A one-of-a-kind 6-month internship that will add flair to your resume
– Epic travel opportunities to create on-the-ground content
– Hone your skills in content creation, social media marketing and marketing analytics
– A minimum monthly allowance of SGD600
– Be a part of our small but growing community of travellers
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
While we’re looking for multi-talented individuals, articles and videos are still at the core of what we produce. We need creators who are comfortable with their craft so that gives us more opportunities to expand on your other skill sets too!
On top of being comfortable with writing (especially with tight deadlines), we’re looking for writers who also embody the following:
– A story-teller: Understands what grabs a readers’ attention
– A marketers mind: Often thinks of how articles could be titled better, how different cover images could better portray an article.
– An observant traveller: Picks out the little details of their surroundings, learns neat tips and tricks, and understands cultures different from your own.
– Is a grammar-nazi
– Familiar with keyword placements, SEO Best practices, and content marketing
– Comfortable with the use of DSLRs/Mirrorless cameras
We cover a variety of articles:
– Itineraries: Japan Budget Guide: 10D9N for $1.1k — Maximising your Japan JR Pass from Tokyo to Osaka
– Detailed Guides: Ultimate USJ Guide and tips to planning a magical experience
– Listicles: 11 Breathtaking Photo Spots in Yogyakarta that prove it is a Photographers Heaven
– Inspo: Alone in India as a 21 year old Singaporean girl
On top of being proficient with your gear and at video editing software (Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro), if you think you can match up or value add to videos below, do apply!
– Understands storytelling and pacing
– Comfortable with filming and editing
– Good ear for music selection and sound design
– Proficient with Premiere Pro (ideally) or Final Cut Pro
Stuff we edit for our partners.
Stories we try to tell.
Something we edited for fun.
Bonus if you wear these hats too:
– Graphic Designer
– Social Media Expert
– Project Manager
Skills aside, you should also:
– Love to travel (of course)
– Embrace working in a fast-paced, constant learning environment
– Be able to take some level of “uncertainty”, is adventurous, and can think on your feet. All in the spirit of travel!
– Be a fun, sporting and adventurous work and travel companion
– Be based in Singapore. Foreigners are allowed but you need to be in Singapore during the internship period
– Have your own laptop to work on
– Be able to commit full-time from Feb – Jul 2019
– Have a passport with >6 months validity (compulsory)
Read what our previous interns had to say when their internship ended:
– Things you can only tell your boss when the internship is over
– Steps to surviving The Travel Intern Programme
HOW DO I APPLY
Step 1: Writer or Videographer?
Step 2: Use your core skill to attract our attention on Social Media
“Why do you travel?”
Use your core competency (a video or a heart-felt caption) to share that with us “why do you travel” on Instagram! Hashtag your post with #TheTravelIntern and #TheTravelInternLife.
Remember to set your profile to PUBLIC!
Step 3: Back up your skills with past work
If you’ve had work published somewhere in the WWW, we’d love to see them! If you love writing or creating videos in your own free-time, share them with us too. It’s not about the opportunities we’ve been given, it’s about what we choose to work on.
Gather the links and submit them in Step 4!
*For unpublished pieces, upload your work on google drive/google docs and send us “the sharable link”. (retrieve the link via the blue ‘Share‘ button on the top right corner of the screen — we won’t be able to open the link copied from your browser!)
Step 4: Fill up this beautiful form
Once you’re done with (3), submit your work here and answer some simple questions 😉
Step 5: Make sure your social media profiles are set to public
Get ready to be stalked by us!
Now: Prepare your applications!
21st November 2018: Submissions close at 2359
9th December 2018: Shortlisted candidates notified
10-12th December 2018: Interviews with shortlisted candidates
16th December 2018: Announcement of selected interns
*Dates are subject to change. Please refer to the Latest Announcements for updates
What are you waiting for?
TRAVEL INTERN WANTED.