The Travel Intern Programme is back
For business enquiries, please write in to [email protected]
We’re looking for the next batch of Travel Interns to join us — think you’ve got what it takes?
We’ve been told we have THE MOST FUN INTERNSHIP in the world.
I mean, how often can you truly say that Travel is part of your job?
Not just being physically far away from home — but exploring, discovering and documenting all dem’ good vibes and memories in the process.
2020 as we know it, changed things up for many of us — if we’re no longer travelling, what are we to the community?
It isn’t what you do but how you see the world around you.
And it dawned on us that TTI is a state of being — curious, adventurous and free-spirited. Breaking through fears, stereotypes and comfort zones is really what we do.
Be it around the world, or back in our home country.
If we’ve inspired you to experience the world a little braver through our work, that has meant the world to us ❤️
We’ve even gone on the streets to rope strangers in on a bit of our spontaneity 😛
Ok, enough about us.
We’re looking for new blood — if you’re seeking something unconventional and think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to know more about you!
– have a knack for visual story-telling
– be great at coming up with attractive titles (yes, this is important for videos too)
– be fairly comfortable on camera
*Bonus: comfortable with recording VO
And be familiar with:
– Editing on Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro (most of the team is on PP)
– Operating DSLRs/Mirrorless Cameras (preferably familiar with the Sony system)
– Sound Design & Colouring
– Editing on tight deadlines
*Bonus: comfortable with flying drones
Here’s some stuff we edit for our partners:
Stories we try to tell:
Things we edit for fun:
And of course, we can’t forget about food videos!
Think you’ve got what it takes?
– Write with excellent grammar/spelling
– Be able to adapt to a publication’s tone of voice
– Follow house style
– Have the ability to come up with attractive titles
– Pick out what’s attractive to a defined target audience
– Be comfortable on camera
*Bonus: photo-editing skills (Lightroom) and a keen eye for photography
We cover a variety of articles:
– Itineraries (hopefully soon!): Japan Budget Guide: 10D9N for $1.1k — Maximising your Japan JR Pass from Tokyo to Osaka
– Detailed Guides: Ultimate USJ Guide and tips to planning a magical experience
– Listicles: 15 Magical Things to do in Iceland — 1st Timer’s Guide
– Interviews: Singaporeans Around The World — Hostel Owners in Myanmar
– Just for fun: 9 Practical Benefits of Solo Travelling That Have Nothing To Do With Finding Yourself
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Unfortunately it’ll be a while before we can call this our office view :’)
What to expect
– 6 months starting from June 2021 (Full-time internship only)
– Monthly allowance from S$800
– Opportunity to travel once travel bubble is confirmed
– Be part of a growing community of like-minded adventurers
How to apply:
1) Find out if you’re able to commit between June – December 2021
3) *Most important step*: Make sure your Instagram account is set to ‘Public’ — get creative, comment on our stuff, reach out to us on social media in unconventional ways! Tag us @TheTravelIntern and #TheTravelIntern.
Application closes: 23 May 2021, 2359hrs (Sun)
Applications shortlisted & contacted by: 28 May 2021 (Fri)
Interviews for shortlisted applicants: 31 May – 4 June 2021 (Mon–Fri)
Planning to Apply For Future Intakes?
Start building your portfolio — Don’t stop doing what you love. Love writing but never had a platform to write? Create your own website — write, write and write. Love making videos but don’t have good travel footage? Get creative around Singapore! There are many ways to raise the bar for the next round.
Get familiar with us (online & offline) — We read almost every comment you guys leave us whether it’s on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or TikTok! So interact with us enough and we’ll definitely notice you during the next intake. We also host community meet ups for like weekend hikes and fun activities so look out for announcements of that too on our social channels 🙂
These channels are also where we’ll be announcing open positions so do follow us if you have not:
Have questions about the application or what working at The Travel Intern is really like? Check out our FAQ page or the articles below by past interns!
If you have questions that aren’t listed there, drop us an email at [email protected].