If you haven’t heard, The Travel Intern Programme is back! We’re looking for new blood to join us from Jan – Jun 2022! Applications are open till 17 Oct 2021.
Some frequently asked questions you might have:
1) What’s the difference between the Internship Programme and the Student Ambassador Programme?
If you haven’t heard, we’re also looking to grow our talent team with the new Student Ambassadors programme! Unsure which to apply for? Here’s a quick overview:
|The Travel Intern Programme||TTI Student Ambassador Programme|
|Full-time internship 6 months||Part-time commitment (~20hr/month)|
|Great for content creators looking to sharpen their craft in writing or videography||Great for people who love being on camera or looking for hosting opportunities|
|No min/max age||Current Tertiary students only (Uni/Poly)|
|Perfect for adventurers & explorers||Perfect for adventurers & explorers too!|
2) What would a day to day at The Travel Intern look like?
Before Covid-19 happened, some days looked like this:
Other days looked like this:
Nowadays, you can either choose to work from home (on most days) or at the HQ which looks like this:
Office hours 10AM – 7PM and your supervisors will watch you like a hawk (jk, they’re probably napping most of the time).
We’re hopeful that there will be at least ONE travel bubble before the end of 2021🤞🏻 Until then, you might be asked to go Bungy jumping, Wakesurfing, or something crazy in Singapore you’ve never considered. You’ll also be dabbling into some client work with guidance from the team — great for those looking to add to your portfolio!
3) What would help me stand out?
There’s a few parts to the application:
– Your portfolio: In one of the questions, you’ll be asked to show us your best work. If you’ve written for other publications or have edited some videos leisurely, dig them out! But don’t just send us everything you’ve done. Take a moment to check out what we’ve done and what you think would be the most relevant.
Don’t have a portfolio? Start building one! Travelling doesn’t automatically make you a great writer/videographer, you gotta put some hours into it! Get creative around Singapore!
– Camera Comfort: You don’t have be a professional. Just be comfortable in your own skin, it shows! 🙂
– How much do you want this? The best relationships are when both parties like each other right? Don’t just apply for this role because you’re casting a big net hoping to land any job. Find your reason for joining us and make that obvious to us in your application!
4) When can we travel again?
We get asked this so much! Let’s ask our bosses:
Seriously though, when the Travel Lanes do get confirmed, you bet we’ll try our best to be on that first flight out! As fascinating as Singapore can be, we do still love travelling 🙂
5) When we do get to travel, what is covered on assignment?
Return flights from Singapore to our travel destinations, accommodation, transport and activities for sure. Food is not covered because we all have different appetites.
6) I’m not based in Singapore now, can I apply?
Unfortunately, we can only take you in if you’re physically in Singapore, due to the current travel restriction. But fingers crossed when travel restrictions lift once again, we get to continue our plans to run this programme in another country!
7) Do I need my own laptop/gear?
Yes, you’d need your own laptop for your day-to-day work however, we do have camera gear you can use for shoots (bonus points if you’re familiar with the Sony system!)
Got a question that’s not in the FAQ? Ask in the comments section below or send us a message and we’ll try our best to answer.
If you’re a potential sponsor, do drop us a mail and we’d love to discuss further.
Click here to apply for The Travel Intern.