One of the most popular travel destinations in the world, Paris is always a good idea. Outside Paris, France is also romantic, high-fashion, a gastronomy haven, historical, and where wine is almost always cheaper than water.
Country Code: +33
Time Zone: GMT+2 (6 hours behind Singapore)
Peak Travel Period: Mid Jun – Aug
Four Seasons: Yes
Currency: Euro, EUR (€)
Tap water: Generally safe to drink
AC Socket Type: Type E (Types C & F compatible) – 230V & 50Hz
Many people have a misconception that the French are very proud of their language — that they speak French and only French. Fret not as many French locals do speak English, especially in Paris.
- Hello / Good Day – bonjour
- Thank you (very much) – merci (beaucoup)
- Good evening – bonsoir
- Please – s’il vous plait
- Sorry (Apology) – pardon
- Excuse me (to get attention) – excusez-moi
- I do not speak French – je ne parle pas français
- Do you speak English? – parlez vous anglais?
- Goodbye – au revoir
- See you again – à bientôt